Thursday 20 December 2012

Twin Post with Jamie of Polish, Please!

Today I have a very special post to share with all of you! I'm doing a twin post with a lovely Jamie of Polish, Please!

About a month ago I started noticing that Jamie commented on almost all of my posts. Her comments were always so nice that after awhile I eventually had to click on her to find out who she was! When I found out she had a blog as well I asked her if she wanted to do a twin post with me. We chatted about a few different ideas and finally settled on a mani that is Good As Gold. Gold is such a perfect colour for the holiday season and is huge this year. You can probably all tell I'm a little obsessed with the amount of gold I have been using this month! ;)

gold and green nail art


Green and gold have to be one of the most perfect combinations ever so I went with my love for those and created these extravagant gold and green nails!

gold and green nail art


I started with Milani White On The Spot on my index and ring nails and China Glaze Running In Circles on the rest of my nails. Here is where the gold comes in. I did a gradient with Running In Circles and Essence A Piece of Forever. On my index and ring nails I created a half moon in green rhinestones and then went to work adding gold bullion beads.

gold and green nail art
gold and green nail art


On my thumb I added some gold crosses to to give it a little more visual interest. Running in circles and gold look so good together and I can say I've worn this combination a few more times since!

gold and green nail art


All in all this was pretty simple to create, just a little time consuming with placing all the beads! I love looks like this and always find them ornate and over the top, which I adore. I haven't done anything like this in awhile and it was nice to have some 3D feel on my nails.

Head over to Polish, Please! to see what Jamie has created for our twin post!



Do you like 3D manicures? Would you wear this on your nails? Hope you're having a fabulous day :)

5 DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS!

25 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful Stephanie! I adore your gold with green! Also, the white makes the gold and green really shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Putting this in my inspirations folder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Steph...this is GORGEOUS!!! I just LOVE Running in Circles...gah! So amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! It is totally my favourite polish of the moment!

      Delete
  4. Wow! The detail with the microbeads is unreal! Great job, Steph (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty for the holidays! How long do the little gold beads stay on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fannie! I have gotten about 4 days wear with them stuck down in seche vite. This is being careful showering and such. However I usually pick them off or feel the need to change my nails before then lol

      Delete
  6. Your nails are absolutely stunning. I've never tried a 3D manicure (but then, I'm a bit of a noob in the nail polish world) but if I had the skill to do this I would definitely rock nails like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you Craftgirl83! 3D isn't all that hard! Just have to place them, easier than drawing half the time! lol

      Delete
  7. I love this a lot! The detail on the accent nails is so very nice and you did a flawless gradient!

    I'm glad to have found your blog today- you post some beautiful manicures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Steph! This came out stunning! It's a lot but it's balance and not busy looking. I think it's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...