Saturday 15 December 2012

OPI Mariah Carey Swatches and Review

Hey Everyone!

I've got some more OPI swatches to share with you this morning, this time from OPI Mariah Carey Collection featuring the amazingly cool new Liquid Sand lacquers. I seriously love these polishes, and I think you want to see some pictures!

opi pink yet lavender


OPI Pink Yet Lavender the press release description is, "This pink glitter with lavender shimmer has superstar shine!" I wasn't expecting to love this, but it is actually really pretty! It's full of various sizes of light pink glitter and would look great over a number of different polishes. I've shown 1 coat over Rimmel Night Before. Great glitter coverage.

opi pink yet lavender
opi sprung


OPI Sprung The press release describes this polish as, "Fall hopelessly in love with this shimmery copper". And fall hopelessly I did. This has to be one of my favourite polishes this year. Yes I know it won't hit stores until 2013 but I'm in love. I have nothing like this in my collection and this is gorgeous. It is the perfect penny colour and I adore it. This was 2 coats.

opi sprung
opi liquid sand can't let go


And finally what you have all been waiting for, OPI Can't Let Go the liquid sand!! This is actually one of the coolest polishes I have seen from a main stream brand, well ever. The press release describes the polish as, "Hold onto this matte purple with dazzling sparkle". Gosh this is awesome. Even though it is matte there is this gorgeous sparkle that gives it so much dimension. Even though the finish is not smooth, it is not bumpy enough to bother me. I was wearing this in a skittlette manicure (you'll see it soon) while visiting a real life polish fiend friend and she was fascinated by the texture. I think even those of you who don't like anything but smooth polish won't be bothered by this texture. This is 2 coats.

opi liquid sand can't let go
opi liquid sand can't let go


The one thing I didn't love about this polish is the dry time. It is not a quick dry polish and since it is supposed to be worn without top coat you need to wait a little while. I would suggest sitting and watching your favoutite sitcom while waiting for it to dry. Also this goes on shiny and takes 5+ minutes to become matte. Don't be alarmed it will dry matte. I mildly freaked out a little when I put it on for the first time because I thought I had a dud sparkly bottle LOL! A note on removal, this is way easier than a normal glitter, but a little tougher than a creme. I had no issue with my cotton ball and pure acetone. The polish is a a jelly base, which I think it what makes removal easy. And of course you want to see this with top coat, so here it is!

opi liquid sand can't let go
opi liquid sand can't let go


With top coat this totally transforms and it is completely stunning. You will need a few coats of top coat, or a coat of Gelous and top coat as this is a thirsty guy.

Overall I am really impressed with the polishes I received for review in this collection. The formula is your standard OPI awesomeness and the colours are beautiful. Can't Let Go is the obvious standout as we have never seen anything like this before, however Sprung is also quite breathtaking. You can see the rest of the polishes in the collection in my press release here.

Do any of these grab your attention? Are you looking forward to the Liquid Sand Lacquers? These will be available starting January 2013 at Professional Salons and wherever OPI products are sold.

Products in this post were provided by the PR for my honest review.

8 comments:

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...