Friday 12 October 2012

Sugary Sweets are Such a Treat!

Who doesn't love some sticky, sugary goodness? Yes I'm talking about Cotton Candy. Today October 12, was the day that the Cotton Candy Machine was patented! So I felt the need to create some fluffy cotton candy nails!

cotton candy flocking powder nail art


Currently I can't remember the last time I had cotton candy, but I did have a Cotton Candy martini at East Side Mario's some time ago and it was completely delicious. I remember getting cotton candy at street fairs during the summer and loving it as it melted into pure sugar on my tongue. So delicious!

cotton candy flocking powder nail art
cotton candy flocking powder nail art


Since the two most common colours for cotton candy are pink and blue, I pulled out my flocking powder from Michael's and sprinkled Hot Pink over Essie Knockout Pout and Calypso over Sally Hansen Blue Me Away!. I was going for the super fluffy look at fresh made cotton candy has. On my thumb I tried to create the white cone that your cotton candy comes on when you get it straight from the machine. I used Essence Nude It! as my base and Milani White On The Spot and It's So Easy Stripe Rite Black to create my cone.

cotton candy flocking powder nail art
cotton candy flocking powder nail art


Did you love cotton candy growing up? I don't think I could handle as much now, but I used to just love this stuff as a kid! I think blue was always my favourite, because well it was blue LOL!

Hope you're all having a great day and you're not too sticky after looking at this sugary sweet treat ;)

22 comments:

  1. Fun! Thanks for the trip to the fair! You did a really nice job.

    I love cotton candy....nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love the little cone on your thumb!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I thought it was fun! That way I could nom on ALL my nail! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love these!!! Perfect idea for cotton candy nails. Great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA OMG this is soooo adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is completely adorable!! I am OBSESSED with cotton candy...cotton candy ice cream, cotton candy frozen yogurt. It's just the best! I would always get those giant plastic tubs of it whenever I would go somewhere like Great America. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's unreal! I can't say I've ever tried cotton candy ice cream or frozen yorgurt! I bet that would be quite the experience :)

      Delete
  6. LOL... love the cotton candy nail interpretation here...
    They are so soft and fuzzy looking that I would just want to create a pillow of my nails and take a nap :D So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! Wouldn't that be great if we could just have fuzzy nail pillows and take a nap on them at work? That would be the best kind of pillow!

      Delete
  7. This is so stinking cute! I love cotton candy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do these hold up when you wash your hands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These actually hold up really well for me. I only wore these ones for a few hours (because I'm a nail addict and wanted something new) but I wore fuzzy nails for 4 days in the spring and they were surprisingly awesome! I wouldn't recommend washing dishes with these, but they will hold up for a few days!

      Delete
  9. Nice! I love cotton candy. I like to paint my nails cotton candy colors when I go to the fair. But I never thought to make it fluffy with flocking powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea! I wish I had been able to get cotton candy when I did these, that would have been awesome! :)
      Thanks so much Heidi!

      Delete
  10. so cute!! *.*
    xoxo
    http://maggienails90.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...