Monday 23 July 2012

Jelly Gradient Sandwich Take Two

Gooood Morning lovelies! It's a Monday, bleeeeh, but today starts my exam period at school. First exam is this afternoon and then in less than two weeks I am done my semester! So I'm going to let you all know that posting might be a little sporadic in these next few weeks. Gotta study for those pesky exams! A few weeks back I posted what I called a Jelly Gradient Sandwich. This was one of my favourite manicures I had done in a while so I decided to redo it using a different colour scheme! At the end of my previous post I talked about doing a gradient in yellow, green and blue. I didn't *think* I owned a yellow or green jelly, but upon further inspection of my stash I found some!
jelly gradient sandwich

I couldn't decide what pictures to narrow it down to, so I'm just posting all of them! Keep reading after the jump to see how I did this!



To get this jelly gradient I used Wet n Wild Black Creme as my base and then added two coats of Sally Hansen Glass Slipper. I really wanted there to be a lot of flakies in this one. Then I used Ardene Neon Green to swipe across the middle third of my nail. On the bottom third I used Ardene Neon Yellow and on the top third I used China Glaze Ride The Waves. This gradient isn't as smooth as the previous jelly gradient I did, but I love this bright colour combination!

jelly gradient sandwich
jelly gradient sandwich
jelly gradient sandwich

The funny thing about this manicure, I did this a few Saturdays ago and then happened to go out to a bar that night. They had blacklights everywhere and my nails were glowing! The neon green and yellow were so bright! I actually had a girl come up to me and say, "Your nails are glowing." and then walked away. It was rather funny and my friends and I kept joking about it all night.

jelly gradient sandwich
jelly gradient sandwich
jelly gradient sandwich

Do you like my jelly gradient sandwich take two? Or do you prefer my original colour scheme better? Have any of you tried out the jelly gradient sandwich technique?

I hope that you are all having a great Monday and thanks SO MUCH for stopping by!! :D

29 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! I love it. *off in search of ardene jellies!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon!! I didn't even realize they were jellies until I tried them out! :D

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome!!!! =) Good luck with all your exams, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I'm in love with this. I posted my first jelly sandwich yesterday and nails like these make me fell so amateur. lol Amazing work! Hopefully one day I can be this good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww you're so sweet! Don't feel amateur! When I first started blogging I didn't have a clue! I have learned more everyday and will continue to learn! Keep at it if you love it :) and do it because you love it not for anyone else! <3

      Delete
  4. It looks so cool! I think I may try something similar sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ardene is a great little source of np, I actually have ended up with quite a few... well relative... Anyways this look is very cool and seems a bit sporty to me. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I have picked up a few from there and have been very pleased with them! Thanks Karen! I completely see the sporty vibe :D

      Delete
  6. gorgeous... your nails are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome! I need to figure out go to find jellies cause you make these look "delicious" and I want to try some! :D
    Good luck on your exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! Yes yes yes yes! You should hop on the jelly bandwagon. They are the most delicious polishes around! ;)
      Thanks for the good luck!

      Delete
  8. This looks amazing. I love the choice of colours - the blue is particularly lovely over that glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue looks awesome...love the colors of both of your mani's! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is like the ocean floor....so delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love the ocean floor interpretation!

      Delete
  11. So gorgeous!!! I cannot wait for the video. I wish I had skills like this haha, but seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I do like the other one better, but that's just a matter of personal color preference. :)

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...