Thursday 28 June 2012

Maisie Shine Magic Carpet Ride and Villian

Indie polish time! Today I've got 2 polishes to share with you from a new to me indie brand, Maisie Shine. Maisie Shine nail polishes are made by Lindsey and are 3 free. I have two of them to share with you today, Magic Carpet and Villian! First up is Magic Carpet. 


maisie shine magic carpet ride


Magic Carpet is a warm purple jelly pack with teal blue hex and square glitter as well as some purple holographic glitters. Lindsey describes the polish as, "Get whisked away to a whole new world with this Magic Carpet Ride nail polish. This polish is purple with holographic micro glitter teal glitters galore." Glitters galore certainly describes this polish. It is honestly one of the most packed glitters that I have ever tried. My swatches show 2 coats and I had to do absolutely no placing of the glitter. 


Since my camera absolutely hates purples imagine this purple to be slightly warmer than it is. I think the first picture does the best job of capturing the colour. 


maisie shine magic carpet ride

maisie shine magic carpet ride


This really does remind me of the magic carpet from Aladdin! I can see the carpet flying through the night sky and I start singing A Whole New World! lol I'm such a Disney Buff. 


Next up is Villain. 


maisie shine villain


Ok now this I am all over! A deep vampy black jelly filled with purple square glitter and silver microglitter. Lindsey describes this polish as "Channel your inner villain with this dark jelly polish scattered with black, purple and silver glitters" Again I had no issues with having to dig for glitters. This was two plain regular coats of squishy jelly glittery goodness. My camera had no issues with this polish so this is true to colour. 


maisie shine villain

maisie shine villain


This polish completely reminds me of Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. I can just see her becoming the dragon and when she's the witch she would totally be rocking this polish! 


Maisie Shine lacquers are sold for $9.00 each for a full size 15mL bottle in their Etsy Shop. Both these polishes and more are available right now so I would head over and scoop yourself up a bottle or two! There are a few more in there that I am seriously lemming. You can also keep up to date with current news on Maisie Shine's Facebook Page. She also might have a giveaway going on her Facebook page right now so I would head over there and give her a like! 


What do you think of these polishes? 


The products in this post were provided to me for my honest review by the creator. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE Magic Carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow both of these are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are awesome! I'm soo glad I have these in my collection!

      Delete
  3. Magic carpet is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! These r too awesome for words! I can see her shop being bought out straight away after everyone sees these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! You're too kind, but these really are something special!

      Delete
  5. These look great. What are you using for a topcoat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are awesome! I use NYC In a Minute Grand Central Station for my topcoat. It works fabulously for me and is very cheap!

      Delete
  6. W.O.W..... The Magic carpet ride is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...