Wednesday 27 June 2012

Abstract Nail Art Challenge Day 14: New Tutorial

Today is the second last day in the Abstract Nail Art Challenge! Holy Cow! I can't believe it's almost done, aaannnd I can't believe I just said holy cow. This sickness is getting to me. The criteria for today is a New Tutorial. I decided to go with the Fishtail Nail Tutorial done by Sarah of Chalkboard Nails


fishtail chevron nail art


I was surprised at how much I love this design! It really was incredibly easy to do and has a really flattering and nail elongating effect! To start off I used Nailtini Grenadine which I think is my new favourite pink. It is so hot and vibrant! And could almost be a one-coater. I used two for good measure. Then using Nailtini Silver Slipper I added the first fishtail and then using Orly Bailamos added the second fishtail! All done with the polish brush this was incredibly easy to do :)


fishtail chevron nail art

fishtail chevron nail art


I realized after I did this that my colour scheme was incredibly similar to the one that Sarah used in the tutorial. Oops I guess I just had the image in my mind and went with it! Oh well it is try a new tutorial day right? lol 


fishtail chevron nail art

fishtail chevron nail art


This was really fun to do! I had been wanting to try this look for awhile and I'm really glad I did! Obviously there are endless colour combinations and I can see this look making an appearance again and again on here. 


Do you like the fishtail/chevron look? Have you tried this? In what colour combinations? I'd love to know! 

Don't forget to stop by The LacquerologistBeautyGnome and Manicurator to see what tutorial they attempted! Also make sure you come back on Friday to see what we all recreated! 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! A really flattering mani, I'd also love to see it make more appearances in different colour combos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks finefingers! I will for sure be attempting this technique in different colours again!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colour combination :)
    I want to try the fishtail/chevron nail as well as the "braided" nail. I think they both look awesome, but maybe a little time consuming (more so the braided).
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! These actually aren't that time consuming at all! The braided nails are on my to-do list as well :)

      Delete
  3. Hey, I have just discovered your blog thanks to google images and must say that I absolutely love these!

    You have made it look incredibly easy but I think I must just give it a try.

    I am new to blogging about nail art, and the reason I started was due to brilliant blogs like yours. I have followed your blog now and look forward to seeing more posts from you. x

    http://robinsparkles1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! You have me literally grinning from ear to ear! You should for sure give this a try! I'd love to see the results :D

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...