Tuesday 22 May 2012

This Colour is Flecked

Today is the 5th post in the SNAARKM challenge it's so close to being done! Just two more days left. The criteria for today's post is My favourite effect. The first thing that popped into my head when I heard this was flakies. 


I was lucky enough to get all 5 polishes in the Finger Paints Special Effects collection thanks to the lovely Kitty of Kitty Polish n Bags. She had extras and sent me all 5! Love her! These flakies look best over a dark base, generally black, but I wanted to put them over something a little different. I used a deep maroon wine coloured polish OPI's Eiffel for this Color. Then I used Finger Paints Flecked which is a green flakie and Finger Paint's Motley which is a green-blue flakie as an accent nail. 


opi-eiffel-for-this-color-finger-paints-flecked-motley


Damn I love flakies. 


opi-eiffel-for-this-color-finger-paints-flecked-motley

opi-eiffel-for-this-color-finger-paints-flecked-motley

opi-eiffel-for-this-color-finger-paints-flecked-motley


Eiffel for this Colour was a part of OPI's 2008 Tour De France Collection and is a seriously hot vampy colour. It reminds me of Black Cherry Chutney. It is freakin gorgeous. Not  the most unique polish I've ever seen around, but love it regardless. It's dark enough to make the flakies really pop too.


opi-eiffel-for-this-color-finger-paints-flecked-motley

opi-eiffel-for-this-color-finger-paints-flecked-motley


When flakies came out they really stole my heart and have to really be one of my favourite things. 


How do you like my favourite effect? What is your favourite effect? Have you tried putting flakies over any other colours other than black? 


Check out the other girls participating in this challenge! Alaina of The Little Canvas, Ryan of Dream A Little Dream of Polish, Ave of Polish Pixelle, Megan of Let there Be Lacquer, Nicole of My Nails. My Polish, Kristen of In the Name of Polish and Amanda of Fashion Footing.

16 comments:

  1. If I had read the challenge correctly, I would have done flakies :-) I LOVE flakies and the FP ones are great. AND they look FANTASTIC when you use all five at once... flakiegasm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha love it! I haven't used all of them together yet, but I plan on it!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I LOVE flakies - I don't have all the FP ones though, only three of them. I hadn't thought to layer them... now I know what I'm doing with my next empty nail wheel LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have twisted from that collection, I love flakes!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!!!!! love flakies...I only own Shine of the Times Essie and am in desperate need for more. I can't find the Finger Paints ones anywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! The FP ones are basically gone, they were LE so unless you go to evilbay you probably won't find any, but some other brands have some similar ones!

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous! I've never thought of using a different flakie for an accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flakies stole my heart as well! I have both of these (and more) and I love them! I put them over all colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you buy the flakies online or in-store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually was lucky and a friend from Florida had managed to get some extras sent me them! You can still get some on eBay I believe and other brands will hopefully come out with more!

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...