Monday 9 April 2012

Fuzzy Easter Eggs

Happy Easter Monday! 


Here in Canada the Monday is also a holiday and some people get the day off from work, and I am lucky enough to be one of those! I have had an awesome long weekend, spent so much time with family and friends and just enjoying each others company. I also did about 6 sets of nails for my family and friends on Friday lol. While I was doing all of my friends nails I also wanted to do mine, and ever since I saw that Jen The Polish Aholic had done some fuzzy nails using flocking powder, I wanted to create my own version of them. I bought a 6 pack of flocking powder and had my friend pick 4 colours that I could use to create a stripey fuzzy look. 


fuzzy-nails


I started off by painting my nails with China Glaze White on White, because I knew I was going to be putting on a variety of colours and wanted to let the colours of the powder show up. 
Then I put tape across most of my nail so that just a bit coming up from the cuticle was showing. I then applied a bit more of WoW and sprinkled flocking powder in Goldenrod. I was having a hard time getting the powder to stick when I was just sprinkling it, so my friends took it and poured each of the four colours into four little tupperware containers. My boyfriend commented that it looked like we were measuring some sort of fairy drug with all the colourful powder that was flying around! Then once the powder was in the containers I scooped some up and pressed it into the wet polish. Then I blew off the excess powder. 


Once Goldenrod was done I taped off the top half of my nail and did the same thing with Lime flocking powder. Then taped off the tip and did the same with Hot Pink flocking powder. Finally I applied some WoW to the tip and added some flocking powder in Calypso. 


fuzzy-nails

fuzzy-nails


These were SO FUZZY! I was amazed at how soft they actually were. I kept rubbing them against my cheek. Actually I kept going up to my boyfriend and rubbing his cheek to see how long it would take him to laugh lol. 



fuzzy-nails

fuzzy-nails


These were super easy to do and I loved the effect. I went to a friends Friday night and he had a lot of family over and they kept being like Ooooo I want to pet your nails! Weird thing to hear, but still pretty cool at the same time. 


For the life of these nails, I was actually shocked at how long they lasted. I did these Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon they are still fuzzy! Some have fallen off and it is a little matted down, but I can still put them up to my cheek and feel the fuzz! That is through 2 showers, washing dishes, making food and regular life. I am so impressed by these and love the stripes! 


There are so many possibilities with flocking powder I think I am going to have to experiment some more :) Flocking power can be purchased at Michael's in the scrapbooking section. I bought a package of 6 in the Recollection brand for 11.99. 


Do you love or hate my fuzzy Easter nails? 


Sincerely Stephanie

20 comments:

  1. These are amazing *runs to Michael's* :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! They are pretty fun! I'd love to see your take on them!

      Delete
  2. Love these. I bought some to use in a challenge I am doing. Thanks for the update on showering. I assumed that they wouldn't last after getting wet once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I was actually shocked, but once they dried they were just fine again.

      Delete
  3. haha I love this look!! it looks so soft!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! It really was I kept rubbing them against my cheek and telling people to pet my nails lol

      Delete
  4. This is crazy-I'm not sure I like it-but would love to feel it on my nails! How hard is it to get off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me no more time to remove than regular polish. Way easier than glitter. Just used some acetone and some cotton balls. It was fun to wear for a few days! lol

      Delete
  5. Cool!!! I wanna wear these on my nails right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanidad! They were pretty awesome! You should do them ;)

      Delete
  6. I've never seen anything like this! Looks so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first saw your nails, I immediately thought of The Gremlins. LOL I don't know why...maybe like fuzzy Gizmo or something. This is totally creative and I haven't seen it before...that's saying something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! that's so funny! I totally see what you mean. Thanks so much Lacquerloon :D

      Delete
  8. WHOAAAA this is so cooool! I love the stripes & colors, perfect for Easter! Must go to Michael's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did i miss this one?!?
    OMG!! I gotta find this fuzziness on ebay!!!
    It's the sweeeeeeeeeeeetest thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks JinJit!! It was pretty fantastic I kept rubbing my nails on everything lol

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...