Tuesday 24 April 2012

Elle's Spell on Rhinestones

Morning! I hope your week has started out well. I woke up this morning to it snowing!! I can't believe it's almost May and snow is falling. I only have 4 more days left at my co-op job and then I'm back to school! I'm really excited to get back to school for the summer.

Ever since I saw swatches of Barielle's Elle's Spell I was lemming it hard. A deep red jelly base with red and orange opal flakies? Right up my alley. Since the only places to really find Barielle's in Canada are Winners, I started looking for it every time I was in one. Eventually I found it!

barielle's-elle's-spell

The red base shows up almost a magenta pink on my nail because it is so sheer and jelly. Some people have complained about the flakies getting lost in the base, which they do because the flakies are so similar to the base. I don't mind this though because it gives the polish a bit of a different dimension than a traditional flakie.

barielle's-elle's-spell

barielle's-elle's-spell

I loved this and wore it on its on for one day but my Essie's Matte About You was sitting on my desk and I kept wondering how it would look matte!

barielle's-elle's-spell

My goodness I love this even more! Once it is matte the flakies stand out even more against the base and really shine.

barielle's-elle's-spell

This reminded me of those little bouncy balls that I used to have when I was little. I couldn't find an exact picture, but if this was red with similar flakies instead of white, it would be spot on! (Image courtesy of Google Images)


See the similarities!

barielle's-elle's-spell

So I could have stopped there, but there was a little bit of VNL so I grabbed some handy reinforcements and created a half moon with Wet n Wild's Black Creme.

barielle's-elle's-spell

barielle's-elle's-spell

I'm all over the half moon look lately. It is so easy to do and there are really infinite colour combinations.

barielle's-elle's-spell

It needed one more thing at this point, rhinestones!!

barielle's-elle's-spell

I first grabbed my 3mm rhinestones and placed them in the middle of each of the half-moons. It didn't look finished so then I took 1.5mm rhinestones and added one on either side and I loved this.

barielle's-elle's-spell


barielle's-elle's-spell

To me this looks so simple and classy at the same time. I'm glad I kept going with this mani and didn't stop somewhere along the way.

What do you think of it? Do you love half moons as much as I do? Does this look classy to you? What are your thought's on flakies?

Sincerely Stephanie

17 comments:

  1. oh too cute! the rhinestones really made it, and i loved the matte finish. i am too chicken to try on glittery polishes because i am scared it will ruin the glitter look, but it really does look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I am loving matteing glittery polishes. It takes away the glam factor, but the end result can end up looking like you did it with a dotting tool. Try it!

      Delete
  2. I actually don't like Half Moon Manis, BUT I do like this mani.. I think the rhinestones make it perfect! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks Cheryl! I felt like the rhinestones gave it the classy finish it needed! :)

      Delete
  3. Okay so I followed your post step by step and at first thought "no! Don't cover those gorgeous flakies" but I did love it more and more with each step... All the way to the final finished product!

    I love half moons but they always leak on me :( that is why I keep trying the stamped half moons ;)

    I adore anything flakie! And those gems! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Those were my thoughts as I was doing it! Part of me didn't want to cover them up, but I had this little voice saying go do it!! Stamping works! This is only the second time I've tried the half moon and I waited overnight between the base and the half moon.

      I'm glad you like it!! I thought the rhinestones just made it a little more glam and classy :)

      Delete
    2. They certainly pull the whole look together splendidly :D

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! I've been lemming this polish too! I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! I hope you can find this somewhere as it really is awesome :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely :) I love evolving manicures! I tend to add to mine throughout the week, and people at work love seeing what new adaptation on the previous day I have come up with! I am going to have to try this combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Evolving nails are so fun! I always look around and sometimes go overboard with adding things :) That is so awesome about your coworkers! I'd love to see them if you try it! :)

      Delete
  6. I love all of this Stephanie, looks great at every stage! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...