Saturday 28 April 2012

Black and White Challenge: Day 10


We made it! It is the last day of the challenge! This has been an absolutely awesome month and these girls have inspired and amazed me time and time again throughout this challenge!
Today's challenge is manicure of your choice. We decided to pick a mani that one of us has created through the past month and recreate it! This was one of the hardest things that I had to do in this challenge. There were so many amazing ones to pick from! I had such a hard time narrowing it down to even one per person! 


Finally after probably hours of deliberating over which nails I was going to recreate I decided on Sammy's Day 5 nails,

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.


lord-of-the-rings-nail-art

lord-of-the-rings-nail-art

lord-of-the-rings-nail-art

I used Orly's Luxe and black acrylic paint to achieve this look. I think what finally settled me on creating this manicure was that I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan. I read all the books when I was very young, have reread them and seen every movie multiple times! After I finish this post I'm going to put one on in bed and drift off watching :) 

lord-of-the-rings-nail-art

lord-of-the-rings-nail-art

Mine is not an exact replica of Sammy's, she got some of the detail so small! So it is slightly different lettering, but still has the same idea! 

lord-of-the-rings-nail-art

lord-of-the-rings-nail-art

Eeeee I totally love them!! This challenge has been one of the best things I have done since I started blogging. Chatting with these fantastic ladies has been so wonderful, and they are all amazingly talented, creative and just some of the nicest people you can meet! 

I'm really excited to see what the rest of the sexy6 has recreated! Make sure you go check it out! 

Let Them Have Polish (has dropped out :()

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Rie! I had so much fun doing this challenge with you! <3

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic Stephanie, I'm not sure I could have mastered this! It's been great doing the challenge with you and look forward to more chatting etc. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther! It has been an absolute treat getting to know you! I loved seeing all your creative work and can't wait to get to know you even better <3

      Delete
  3. Amazing talent you and Sammy have ! This is awesome , i love the films so this kind of thing is right up my street :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! I love the movies too! They are so fantastic!

      Delete
  4. This is amazing! Great choice =) I am watching Lord of the Rings tonight actually!! =) I have loooved doing this challenge with you and getting to know you a little better. I sincerely hope that we get to do something like this together again soon! You are awesome, and so is your nail art! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good! I have absolutely loved doing this with you so much! I really hope we can too! You're fantastic and thanks love! <3

      Delete
  5. As I already said on Twitter, you always amaze me, Steph!! This is absolutely AMAZING!!! You have so much talent, girlfriend!!
    And, I'm glad I'm not the only dork out there LOL I've watched all of the movies extendend editions multiple times and I will never get sick of them!! Actually, I always say that books are always better than movies but in this case I disagree. The movies are magical!!! And did you know that "The Hobbit" will come out next year (?) by the same director?? wohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much dear! I'll never get sick of them either, I can't wait to see the hobbit! It will be epic!

      Delete
  6. I remember seeing this on Sam's blog and really liking it.
    I think you did a SPLENDID JOB! If I trusted my freehand skill enough I too would try to replicate this!
    This is absolutely marvelous and this Orly shade is soooo pretty on you!!!!!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta!! I love Luxe, it's such a gorgeous gold foil! You should try it! :) I totally bet you could master it!

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...