Thursday 1 March 2012

Ovalene Penguinone Dottitonium

Good Morning!
My friend Sarah over at Chalkboard Nails is hosting a nail art contest and the theme is the dotting tool! You're allowed to do anything you want as long as you don't use nail art brushes, just a dotting tool and the brush that comes with the polish.

When I heard this I immediately thought of Molecules! Remember in high school science when you had to put these things together and connect all the gray pieces with multi coloured balls to create some sort of chemical or element? Well I thought that this would be a great as a mani. If you are still baffled as to the name of this blog post I decided that since some molecules have super strange names I would create my own strange name for my mani!

dotting-tool-nail-art

I used Wet n Wild's Ebony Hates Chris as the black base and China Glaze White on White on my ring finger. Then I used L'Oreals Lady Luck for the red dots and White on White for the white dots. Then I took a toothpick and created the gray connection pieces with Ardene's Gray Skies. Then went back over the red and white dots again with my dotting tool. I used China Glaze Love Marilyn on my ring finger as an accent and because well I love glitter. :)

dotting-tool-nail-art

dotting-tool-nail-art

dotting-tool-nail-art

I had a lot of fun making this for Sarah's contest! There are some absolutely amazing entries and I encourage you to head over there and check it out! And enter if you haven't already! You have until March 5th!

What do you think of sciencey nails?

Thanks for stopping by

Until next time,
Sincerely Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. This is so far the most original mani I have ever seen!!! Awesome creativity, Steph, and I hope you win!!!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...