Thursday 8 March 2012

I Heart Drama

Hello my dears!
A few weeks back I was in the States and picked up the I <3 Drama collection from Forever 21 by their cosmetics brand Love & Beauty. Most of the collection is really dark and has a black base with varying colours of micro glitter and shimmer throughout the polish. There are seven polishes in the collection, all of them unnamed. I have all seven of them to show you today. All swatches are two coats unless otherwise stated. 


This post is extremely picture heavy so instead of clogging up my main page, keep reading after the jump!



First up is a silvery polish that has a bit of a duochrome effect. It shows up almost teal in some light. Like the next picture,

Ragularly the polish just looks silver. 

I think this has to be my favourite in the collection, it was the only one that was really interesting with the silver/teal shift.

Next up is this red wine coloured creme polish. I like the colour of this, but nothing really original here. Application of this polish was terrible and I had a really hard time cleaning it up, which is really evident from the pictures and I apologize for that.


I'm ehn on this polish. I could do without it and honestly probably won't be using it again anytime soon.


Next we have one of those blackish bases with purple microglitter.


It's a really pretty polish with the microglitter and well I adore purples. I can't help myself :)


Next we have the only real glitter in the collection. This is three coats and as you can see it is still not opaque. This would be great for layering over a number of different colours. I think one coat over a white jelly like Essie's Marshmellow would be beautiful.


This glitter looks like it would be really hungry, but I took it off before it was dry so I can't be completely certain about that. This is another one of my favs from the collection.


Next we have a green polish with a bit of a gold shimmer. The gold really isn't evident from the bottle, but shows up once it's on the nails.


Now I am not generally a fan of green on my nails, maybe it has something to do with my skin tone? Who knows but this I don't mind. I really like the subtle gold shimmer to it. It gives it an extra quality that I'm really liking here.


Next we have a silvery shimmer polish. It is a darker polish than the other silver in the collection and shows hints of black in person.


Application was a little grainy, but overall a nice dark silver polish that I will probably mostly use as accents in nail art.


Last up we have this beauty. A blackish base with deep blue microglitter throughout the polish. I am in love. This is another favourite from the collection. I don't have anything else like it and it reminds me of the deepest depths of the sea.



Overall this collection was ok for me. The name I <3 Drama makes sense because most of the polishes were on the darker more vampy dramatic side of things. The best part about these polishes is that it was $9.99 US for all seven. I call that a bargain.

For my first Forever 21 polishes they are a win. Do you have any polishes from Forever 21? What do you think about them?

Until next time,
Sincerely Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...