Wednesday 29 February 2012

February's Polish of the Month

Hello again!
Thought that this morning's post was all for today? Well since it's a super special day I thought it deserved two posts and you didn't think I would leave you hanging without a polish of the month did you?! Of course not :D

This month's polish of the month came even as a bit of a shock to me. I have never been a huge fan of on green's on my nails. However I picked up this Revlon recently because I wanted to try their Matte Suede finish and well I found it for cheap!

revlon-emerald-city

Now the initial application of this turned out that the finish of this polish is neither very matte, or very suede. I was really disappointted so I didn't even take a picture of this. I promptly went and got Essie's Matte About You and put it on top. Well. I LOVED this. There's a subtle gold shimmer to the polish and really making it matte just made me soo happy it was ridiculous. I even kept this on for a whole 3 days. That's a loooong time in my world. 

revlon-emerald-city

revlon-emerald-city

There you have it! Another awesome polish out of my ever growing collection :)
Hope you're having a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Until next time,
Sincerely Stephanie

7 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I usually don't care for green on my nails but I'm starting to change my mind! And this one looks really good on you!!! Good choice girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. steph! where did you get this nail polish? i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at a discount cosmetics store! I pretty much never pass a store or bin where there could be nail polish without looking haha Revlons can usually be found at Shopper's or The Real Canadian Superstore actually has a great selection for cheaper than Shopper's.

      Delete
  3. I have three of the matte suede colors, including Emerald City, and I've never had a problem with them not drying matte enough... either I'm just not so fussy about my mattes (I actually do like half-matte finishes), or maybe you got a bad bottle. I wore this with shiny dragonflies stencilled on my thumbs in topcoat, it was absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so cool!! I might have been impatient in waiting for it to mattify before adding my own matte topcoat. A few weeks later I swatched this on a nail wheel and it dried perfectly matte suede on the wheel! I will have to wear it again someday and see.

      Delete
  4. Just came across your blog and I HAD to click on this pic. Super chic colour, and it looks really elegant on you. And 3 days is a long time for a mani? hehhee. I try my best to keep my manis on for as looong as possible (2 weeks is my record!) count me as a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...