Saturday 21 January 2012

Shredded Matte Mesmerize

Hey there,
So one of the last manis that I did on myself was so simple but looked amazing. 


First off I want to apologize for the lack of clean up in all my pictures. I had done my Mom's and my friend's nails then did mine and it was 11:30 and I had to be up at 5:30 for work, so I decided to snap a few pics and head to bed. 

This was the simplest thing ever to do. Just start with one or two coats of whatever colour you choose to use. For this I used Essie's Mesmerize. 


This colour is a gorgeous blue that just captivated me when I saw it and I HAD to have it. It looks absolutely beautiful on nails too. 

After the polish dried I used Essie's matte about you to mattify the colour.

Now comes the hard part. Waiting for this to dry! Since I was going to be using tape this needs to be completely dry so that the tape does not pick up the polish and ruin what you've already done. 

I took regular scotch tape and cut zig zags in various sizes. I did this on 10 pieces of tape so that I wouldn't have to re use any pieces, also it gave each nail a slightly different shredded look. 

Once my nails were dry I put the tape down and then did another very light coat of Mesmerize and covered it in a top coat. 

Wait about a minute and peel off the tape. You don't want to wait too long or else the polish that gets on top of the tape will dry and you won't be able to take the tape off without picking up part of the shredded piece as well. 






Overall this mani was super easy and I think looked great! It's subtle enough that it can just look like a gorgeous blue and then wham! you have a shiny shredded side! I will be trying this again with a variety of colours and maybe with tips?!

Until next time,
Sincerely Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...